My team is coz of me!?



#LeadershipConversations 

Recently someone commented to me - “My team is what it is because of me”!  This remark really kept ringing in my mind. Is it possible that one person  can claim full credit for the performance of a whole team ? Isn’t it too simplistic, almost narcissist assumption to make?  

What about competence, need to perform/ excel, initiative & inspiration of team members ? What about the basic human nature to achieve, that drives  people out of their beds every morning to face a new day of challenges & opportunities ? 

As people in leadership positions, it's imperative that we consciously & continuously look at our reality from the other side.  We may be pleasantly surprised with what we encounter!  The mirror may show a different reflection! This is a good recipe to keep us grounded & humble.

I do my best to work from the premise, that people want to do good and be good. I don’t think people wake up every morning saying, “Today I will mess up my day”! 


If we didn’t mess it up for them, we succeeded in doing our job !

Comments

  1. So true.

    You have put it in such a simple way

    Too good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I am bcos of MY TEAM" would be the Truth and appropriate, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have said so much in so less words. Just like heart express his feelings

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts